Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Crazy Weather in the Northeast

I'm surprised there has not been more talk of global warming in the local NY media.

For the past month it has been extremely warm, high 40s to near 60 most days with just one quick snowy/cold period that happened last weekend. It seems we can thank the Jetstream for the warm up as it is bringing warm air from the Pacific Ocean all the way across the country and acting as a buffer for the cold air stored up north. This trend shows no change in the next two weeks.

The unfortunate result of this weather is how it is forcing me to re-examine some of my basic desires. I love the snow, the cold and all the rest of the misery that comes with winter. Why? I have no idea. Perhaps I enjoy suffering. On the flip side, I hate paying for oil to heat my house. So this year my oil bill is probably half of what it was in 2005.

I think if NY can manage to have a solid snowy February I might get the best of both worlds, lots of winter yet a lighter then usual heating bill. Although a warm Feb. would also mean more savings.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger iPont said...

I love the snow, the cold and all the rest of the misery that comes with winter.

One more post like this one and the Rear View Mirror and I may have to part company. Allow me to reiterate my feelings on the subject.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home