Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Blogger Spam

Blogger spam is something I noticed a month or so ago when my comments section experienced its largest single day level of interest with seven people leaving notes.

Yes, seven is not exactly a landslide, but I was pretty impressed. In addition my stat counter registered 70 or so hits, which was pretty close to a record high. I was so full of myself that I did not even closely read the comments and it wasn't until the next day that I realized they were all kind of vague and included links to sites that had nothing to do with blogging, but everything to do with selling diet pills or pushing religion.

I have to give the spam bloggers credit. They played me like a fiddle. These people knew that bloggers crave attention and would like click into their sites without paying any attention. After all if you are nice enough to leave a kind comment on my blog the least I can do is visit your site...

I guess everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame.

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Gregory Scoblete said...

Here's a great blog for all your RX needs:

www.gscobe.blogspot.com

Vi.gra. Free!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger marrie said...

You aren't the only one who fell for it. Once I had 130 hits, and I thought it was just other bloggers with legitimate blogs, but it was a lot of lame spam.
Now I have to use that annoying word verification thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home