Tuesday, April 11, 2006

France Surrenders, Again - -The follow Up

Thanks to GScobe for pointing out this Washington Post article that explains in great detail the problem facing the French government as it attempts to fix its broken employment system.

The article mirrors several points I made in my France Surrenders, Again post.

It is heartening to see a French success story, but at the same time to hear a guy say he is happy that the government welfare system is supporting him so he does not have to hit up his parents for cafe money is mindbogling. Where does he think the government gets the money that it gives him every month. From his father's pay check. His parent's are paying him, indirectly, so he has only had to work eight months out of the past eight years.

If I were his mom or dad I would give Mr. layabout a boot square in the pants and tell him not to let the door hit him in the ass as he leaves my house forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home