Friday, March 24, 2006

Murder

Murder is pretty weird. In a way it's like suicide. Both are the wrong answer to any bad situation you might find yourself.

I do not mean for that to sound trite, but what was Mary Winkler, wife of a minister, thinking when she killed her husband and took off with her three daughters? She has yet to give a motive for the killing, it does not appear to be a simple self-defensive - he was beating me so I got the shotgun - event. If that were the case there would be no reason to run. Stay there tell the cops he was beating me and I had to take him out or die trying.

For some reason I feel particularly bad for this lady. She seems normal enough from the brief descriptions of her life in the news stories. What would drive her to this. To ruin her life and those of her daughters.

It will all come out in the next few days, but no matter what her story it is amazing that her mind told her that killing this guy, who also comes over as pretty normal, was the right answer for that situation.

I feel the same way when it comes to suicide. It is never the answer to whatever problem it is you are facing. All it does is place the problem in front of somebody else. It is understandable perhaps when you are suffering from a terminal illness. If you have no hope and lots of pain I can see a person wishing to end it all and hope that there is something better on the other side.

I hope for Mary Winkler's sake she had a good reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home